Phil Roberts, M.D. – Nashville TN Bioidentical Hormones Specialist
Medicine is entering into a new era. At Balanced Life and Health, we believe health care will be increasingly based upon hormonal control which brings us to the very core of human health. The body contains more than one hundred different types of hormones that pour into the bloodstream at the rate of thousands of billions of units per day.
- Regulate your heartbeat and your breathing
- Put you to sleep at night and wake you in the morning
- Control your blood pressure
- Build bone, maintain muscle tone and lubricate joints
- Govern growth
- Make the body produce energy and heat
- Burn fat
- Govern the menstrual cycle and allow pregnancy (and birth) to occur
- Fight stress, prevent fatigue, calm anxiety and relieve depression
- Maintain the correct level of sugar in the blood and tissues
- Soothe pain
- Control your sex drive, virility and fertility
- Stimulate your brain and your immune system
Over the course of a lifetime, we are exposed to a multitude of environmental and dietary toxins that take their toll on our bodies. In conjunction with the normal aging process these toxins contribute to a natural decline of hormones. Genetic and lifestyle choices such as dietary intake, physical activity or lack thereof as well as personal habits have a role to play in how well your body functions as you experience the aging process.
In a nutshell, hormones are crucial to every single function of the human body. We can’t live without them!
Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT):
The interest in a more natural approach to hormone therapy has focused attention on bio-identical hormones — hormones that are identical in molecular structure to the hormones made in the body. They’re not found in this form in nature but are made, or synthesized, from a plant chemical extracted from yams and soy. BHRT is often called “natural hormone therapy” because bio-identical hormones act in the body just like the hormones we produce.
Because each person responds according to their unique physiology, at Balanced Life and Health we have found the best results when treatment is customized to the individual needs of the patient. It’s also important to understand that while BHRT works well for some, others need more support — or different kinds of support — to get the same relief.
Why Choose Hormone Testing?
Patients often present with a variety of common complaints that may have hormone imbalance as their root cause.
- Feeling tired for no reason
- Having trouble waking, even with reasonable sleep
- Feeling rundown or overwhelmed
- Experiencing difficulty bouncing back from stress or illness
- Feeling more alert and energetic in the evening
- Experiencing morning fatigue or depression
- Feeling apathy
- Having memory and concentration problems
- Experiencing headaches, including migraines
Sex Hormone Imbalance
- Having insomnia
- Experiencing memory problems
- Feeling lethargic
- Having reduced sex drive
- Having little interest or pleasure in usual everyday activities
- Noticing significant weight loss or gain
- Feeling loss of energy
- Experiencing fuzzy thinking
Comprehensive testing (blood, saliva and/or urine) is performed to identify those areas that are deficient. Working with the patient, Dr. Roberts begins to tackle each deficiency until a balanced state is reached.
800-775-4902 Ext. 546 to schedule your initial appointment, discuss your symptoms and decide on a course of treatment for your specific needs.